Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (medicine) Non-specialist term for acute bronchitis, a short-term inflammation of the bronchi and lungs.
- 2018 October 24, “When a Cold Becomes Bronchitis”, in Web MD:
- When you catch a cold, does it often turn into bronchitis, which is sometimes called a chest cold?
- A common cold or similar ailment characterized by coughing or other thoracic symptoms.
- 2004, Justin Spring, The Little Cold Book:
- If you have a chest cold or if you feel that you have excessive muscle tension in your chest and back, you can gently assist your body to resume normal breathing and ease tension by simply taking a series of deep breaths into your chest.