Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /t͡ʃɒpt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /t͡ʃɑpt/
Audio (GA) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒpt, -ɑpt
- Cut or diced into small pieces.
- (chiefly of meat) Ground, having been processed by grinding.
- (automotive, slang) Having a vehicle's height reduced by horizontal trimming of the roofline.
- 1958, Charles Beaumont, William F. Nolan, Omnibus of Speed: An Introduction to the World of Motor Sport, Putnam, page 183:
- He later bought a '33 Ford coupe, chopped and channeled it and installed a Mercury engine.
- (slang) High on drugs.
- (slang) Fired from a job or cut from a team or training program; having got the chop.
cut or diced into small pieces
chopped m (uncountable)
- Synonym of