Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈklɪɹɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈklɪəɹə/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪəɹə(ɹ)
- Hyphenation: clear‧er
clearer (plural clearers)
- Someone who or something which clears.
- 1711 December 15 (Gregorian calendar), [Joseph Addison; Richard Steele et al.], “TUESDAY, December 4, 1711”, in The Spectator, number 239; republished in Alexander Chalmers, editor, The Spectator; a New Edition, […], volume III, New York, N.Y.: D[aniel] Appleton & Company, 1853, →OCLC:
- Gold is a wonderful clearer of the understanding.
- A tool by which the hemp for lines and twines, used by sailmakers, is finished.