Jump to navigation Jump to search
co-father (plural co-fathers)
- (obsolete) the relationship of a godfather to the other god-parents, and the legal parents, of a child.
- 1967, Charles Wagley, Joao José Rescála, Amazon town, page 153:
- A man invites a good friend, or an important man who might help him, to become his co-father.
- in a male homosexual couple, the nonbiological father (partner of the biological father) of a child
- 2008, Elizabeth Rudd, Lara Descartes, The changing landscape of work and family in the American middle class, page 165:
- gay co-fathers and their children are never sure of finding acceptance in straight communities.