Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
complemental (not comparable)
- Of the nature of a complement; completing.
- (obsolete) Additional; supplemental, accessory; ancillary.
- (obsolete) Of the nature of a ceremony that is not essential but accessory; ceremonial; ceremonious; formal.
- (obsolete) Of persons: accomplished; talented; experienced.
- (obsolete) Complimentary.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)
- I have no skill in ceremonious letters, which have no other substance, but a faire contexture of complemental phrases and curteous words.