Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌkɒndɛmˈneɪʃən/, /ˌkɒndəmˈneɪʃən/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌkɑndəmˈneɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act of condemning or pronouncing to be wrong.
- The act of judicially condemning, or adjudging guilty, unfit for use, or forfeited; the act of dooming to punishment or forfeiture.
- Antonym: acquittal
- The state of being condemned.
- The ground or reason of condemning.
- The process by which a public entity exercises its powers of eminent domain.
act of condemning or pronouncing to be wrong
act of judicially condemning, or adjudging guilty
state of being condemned
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.