Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act or process of punishing, imposing and/or applying a sanction.
- The naughty children were given a punishment by their teachers.
- A penalty to punish wrongdoing, especially for crime.
- a light punishment
- a harsh punishement'
- A suffering by pain or loss imposed as retribution
- (figuratively) Any harsh treatment or experience; rough handling.
- a vehicle that can take a lot of punishment
act of punishing
penalty for wrongdoing
suffering imposed as retribution
harsh treatment or experience
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked