Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
confit (plural confits)
- Any of various kinds of food that have been immersed in a substance for both flavor and preservation.
- (transitive) To prepare (food) in this manner.
2008 June 18, Melissa Clark, “A Garlic Festival Without a Single Clove”, in New York Times:
- I came up with a menu to showcase the alliums in several manifestations: raw, quickly sautéed and slowly confited.
confit f (plural confits)
- past participle of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular past historic of