Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
conforaneous (not comparable)
- (rare) Of the same court or marketplace.
- In times of scarcity, wardens of the peace patrolled the city’s streets to deter the conforaneous vendors’ less scrupulous competition strategies.
- “†confoˈraneous, a.” listed in the Oxford English Dictionary [2nd Ed.; 1989]
- ^ Glossographia; or, a dictionary interpreting the hard words of whatsoever language, now used in our refined English tongue by Thomas Blount (1656)
Conforaneous, of the same Court or Market place.
- ^ An English Dictionary: Explaining the Difficult Terms that are used in Divinity, Husbandry, Physick, Phylosophy, Law, Navigation, Mathematicks, and Other Arts and Sciences by Elisha Coles (1676), page 68
Conforaneous. l. of the ſame Court or Market-Place.