Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
coronet (plural coronets)
- A small crown worn by a noble. In the British system, they are worn only at coronations. The German equivalent is Adelskrone.
- Kind hearts are more than coronets,
- And simple faith than Norman blood. -- Alfred, Lord Tennyson, Lady Clara Vere de Vere
- (heraldry) A heraldic representation of a small crown, usually on a noble's coat of arms.
- The ring of tissue between a horse's hoof and its leg.
- The traditional lowest regular commissioned officer rank in the cavalry
- Any of several hummingbirds in the genus Boissonneaua.
- A species of moth, Craniophora ligustri.
(junior commissioned officer):
- ensign (infantry equivalent of the cavalry coronet)
- second lieutenant (OF-1), first NATO commissioned officer grade above OF-0 trainee officer
ring of tissue between a horse's hoof and leg