Jump to navigation Jump to search
coronet (plural coronets)
- A small crown, such as is worn by a noble.
- 1813, Percy Bysshe Shelley, “Canto I”, in Queen Mab; […], London: […] P. B. Shelley, […], OCLC 36924440, page 6:
- [T]he fair star / That gems the glittering coronet of morn, / Sheds not a light so mild, so powerful, / As that which, bursting from the Fairy's form, / Spread a purpureal halo round the scene, / Yet with an undulating motion, / Swayed to her outline gracefully.
- The ring of tissue between a horse's hoof and its leg.
- The traditional lowest regular commissioned officer rank in the cavalry.
- Any of several hummingbirds in the genus Boissonneaua.
- A species of moth, Craniophora ligustri.
(junior commissioned officer):
- ensign (infantry equivalent of the cavalry coronet)
- second lieutenant (OF-1), first NATO commissioned officer grade above OF-0 trainee officer