Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɛktɪv
corrective (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to correction; serving to correct
- As the currents were changing rapidly, the captain had to make many corrective course changes.
- Qualifying; limiting.
- The Psalmist interposeth […] this corrective particle.
pertaining to correction
corrective (plural correctives)
- Something that corrects or counteracts something, especially an injury or disability
- alkalies are correctives of acids
- penalties are correctives of immoral conduct
- (obsolete) limitation; restriction
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir M. Hale to this entry?)