Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
limitation (plural limitations)
- The act of limiting or the state of being limited.
- A restriction; a boundary, real or metaphorical, caused by some thing or some circumstance.
- Getting into his wheelchair after his amputation it felt like a limitation you could roll in.
- He understood the exam material but his fear was a limitation he could not overcome.
- An imperfection or shortcoming which limits somethings use or value.
- A time period after which some legal action may no longer be brought.
- The lawyer obtained impunity by dragging his obviously guilty client's case beyond the 10 years limitation
the act of limiting
a restriction that limits something
an imperfection which limits somethings use or value
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.