- The act of limiting or the state of being limited.
- A restriction; a boundary, real or metaphorical, caused by some thing or some circumstance.
- Getting into his wheelchair after his amputation, it felt like a limitation you could roll in.
- He understood the exam material, but his fear was a limitation he could not overcome.
- An imperfection or shortcoming that limits something's use or value.
- (law) A time period after which some legal action may no longer be brought.
- The lawyer obtained impunity by dragging his obviously guilty client's case beyond the ten-year limitation.
- (time period): prescription
act of limiting
restriction that limits
imperfection which limits
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
limitation f (plural limitations)
- limitation (action of limiting)