- (transitive) To compare things and bring them into a relation having corresponding characteristics
- (intransitive) To be related by a correlation
- Doctrine and worship correlate as theory and practice.
- 1992, Rudolf M. Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, page 3-4
- As with the Lejeuneaceae, this pattern of massive speciation appears to be correlated with the Cretaceous explosion of the angiosperms and the simultaneous creation of a host of new microenvironments, differing in humidity, light intensity, texture, etc.
correlate (plural correlates)
- Either of a pair of things related by a correlation; a correlative