Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- cozzie (Australian)
cossie (plural cossies)
- (Britain) A swimming costume.
2007, Elizabeth Slater, Sky, page 121:
- “Let's not bother with cossies Jack. Let′s pretend it′s years ago.”
- She remembered the times they had swum at Eleni beach totally naked, the moon and stars lighting the little waves as they rolled slowly to shore.
2009, Brenda Sensicle-Creese, Sensicle, But Not Always, page 3:
- I struck off boldly, but soon found myself unaccountably labouring. The reason became abundantly clear when I stood up, clad only in two three-foot-long shoulder straps, with two stone of waterlogged cossie round my ankles.
2009, Madeleine St. John, The Women in Black, page 72:
- She would just change now very quickly and then run down to Lingerie and—no, she thought, I won′t; I′ll go to the cossies first, because I don′t want anyone to see me carrying that parcel from Lingerie (which used a different patterned wrapping paper, printed with a lace and ribbom design) because they might guess what′s in it, or they might ask. So I′ll just go to the cossies first.
- bathers (Australian)