cost of living
Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: cost-of-living
- The average cost of a standard set of basic necessities of life, especially of food, shelter and clothing.
- 2013 June 18, Simon Romero, “Protests Widen as Brazilians Chide Leaders”, in The New York Times, ISSN 0362-4331:
- But the demonstrators remained defiant, pouring into the streets by the thousands and venting their anger over political corruption, the high cost of living and huge public spending for the World Cup and the Olympics.
- 2022 February 9, “Network News: Prime Minister "blew nearly £1m" on Northern Ireland bridge study”, in RAIL, number 950, page 20:
- Labour's Shadow Transport Secretary Louise Haigh said: "There is a cost-of-living crisis, and the Prime Minister blew nearly £1m of public money on an utterly infeasible vanity project. That's enough to fill 18,000 potholes. This shows the Tories' sheer disrespect for public money."
- 2022 August 6, Geneva Abdul, “Liz Truss rejects ‘handouts’ as way to tackle cost of living crisis”, in The Guardian:
- The Conservative leadership frontrunner, Liz Truss, has rejected “handouts” as a way of helping people affected by the cost of living crisis.
average cost of a standard set of basic necessities of life