Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (film) A shot framed to include a region from the actor's head to mid-thigh.
- 2002, Blain Brown, Cinematography, page 12:
- In Europe, the term plán americain or plano americano refers to a shot framed from mid-leg up, basically a cowboy shot. Beyond this we are into the realm of close-ups.
- 2009, Jerry Holway, Laurie Hayball, The Steadicam Operator's Handbook, page 148
- One drawback to following an actor on stairs is that you are looking at the actor's back (and worse, emphasizing his or her behind if you are climbing the stairs in a cowboy shot).
shot framed from head to mid-thigh