Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Uncomfortably restricted in size, or financially.
- 1910, Emerson Hough, chapter II, in The Purchase Price: Or The Cause of Compromise, Indianapolis, Ind.: The Bobbs-Merrill Company, OCLC 639762314, page 0147:
- Carried somehow, somewhither, for some reason, on these surging floods, were these travelers, […]. Even such a boat as the Mount Vernon offered a total deck space so cramped as to leave secrecy or privacy well out of the question, even had the motley and democratic assemblage of passengers been disposed to accord either.
- Overcrowded or congested.
- Tight because of or like suffering a cramp.
uncomfortably restricted in size
overcrowded or congested