Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɹiː.t͡ʃə ˈkʌm.fət/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɹiː.t͡ʃəɹ ˈkʌm.fɚt/
- Hyphenation: crea‧ture com‧fort
- (idiomatic, often plural) Any small item or detail that makes a person feel comfortable and at home.
- My stereo is a creature comfort. As long as I have it I can relax and be happy.
- On weekends, she enjoys creature comforts like sleeping in and long baths.
2012 March 22, Scott Tobias, “The Hunger Games”, in The A.V. Club, archived from the original on 23 March 2012:
- The opening crawl (and a stirring propaganda movie) informs us that "The Hunger Games" are an annual event in Panem, a North American nation divided into 12 different districts, each in service to the Capitol, a wealthy metropolis that owes its creature comforts to an oppressive dictatorship.