crybully (plural crybullies)
- (pejorative) A person who engages in intimidation, harassment, or other abusive behaviour while claiming to be a victim.
1999 October 24, SNUMBER6 [username], “Re: Lindros...”, in alt.sports.hockey.nhl.ny-rangers, Usenet:
- Lindros would rather jab a stick at someone retaliating for a fair hit than to wait his turn to get his own in ... Eric is just a bleeping crybaby ... a big bully and like most bullies just can't take it ... likes to dish it but can't take it ... geesh a little guy like Stock gets his goat ...Go in the corner and cry with your crybully with an attitude ...
- 2015 Julie Burchill "Meet the Cry-Bully: a hideous hybrid of victim and victor" The Spectator 21 April 2015
- This is the age of the Cry-Bully, a hideous hybrid of victim and victor, weeper and walloper. They are everywhere, these duplicit Pushmi-Pullyus of the personal and the political
- 2015 "Cyber victim or Cyberbully?", Crime and Federalism, 18 August 2015
- a cry-bully is someone who will (relentlessly) bully someone but as soon as their victim stands up or slightly resists they will seek out authority with tears in their eyes and a sob story on their lips and just use that to get the authority to punish their victim.
- 2015, Roger Kimball, "The Rise of the College Crybullies", The Wall Street Journal, 13 November 2015:
- The crybully, who has weaponized his coveted status as a victim, was first sighted in the mid-2000s.
2015 November 16, Joe Cooper, “Liberals Still Bowing to Islam After Paris Attacks”, in soc.culture.usa, Usenet:
- Within hours of the Paris attacks, some of the crybullies behind the recent University of Missouri chaos and the resultant nationwide spate of college protests had vented on Twitter about how their drummed-up, phony-baloney "cause" was more important than Paris.
- Milo Yiannopoulous Feminist Frequency's New Logo Breitbart 3 December 2015
- Notorious feminist crybully Anita Sarkeesian has spent God-only-knows-how-much on a new logo