Ultimately from Proto-Turkic *dar- (“to go apart, scatter, spread”), whence also Azerbaijani darmadağın (“completely scattered, completely destroyed, tattered and ragged, razed to the ground”). Cognate with Turkish dağılmak, see more there.
- (intransitive) to fall in, collapse
- Synonym: çökmək
- (intransitive) to disintegrate, to fall apart
- Synonym: süqut etmək
- (intransitive) to ruin oneself, to come to ruin
- (intransitive) to disperse, scatter, go away (of a crowd)
- (intransitive) to become worn-out