Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
dakimakura (plural dakimakura or dakimakuras)
- A type of long body-length pillow originating in Japan, which can be embraced or wrapped around one's body while sleeping.
- 2004, Chris Kohler, "Getting in Bed With the Customer", Wired, 6 February 2004:
- These character-print dakimakura came into existence in the late '90s as a way for animé fans to get up close and personal with their cartoon sweethearts.
- 2010, "Man Weds Cushion", Daily Star (UK), 12 March 2010:
- Jin has fallen head over heels for a Japanese 'dakimakura' - or hugging pillow - showing a life sized cartoon of his favourite sexy anime cartoon character Fate Testarossa.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:dakimakura.
- rōmaji reading of