Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Playful flirtation; amorous play. [from 14th c.]
- Synonym: flirtation
- 1749, Henry Fielding, chapter XI, in The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling, volumes (please specify |volume=I to VI), London: A[ndrew] Millar, […], →OCLC, book V:
- As in the season of rutting (an uncouth phrase, by which the vulgar denote that gentle dalliance, which in the well-wooded forest of Hampshire, passes between lovers of the ferine kind),
- A episode of dabbling.
- A wasting of time in idleness or trifles. [from 16th c.]
- A sexual relationship, not serious but often illicit.
a wasting of time in idleness or trifles
A sexual relationship, not serious but often illicit