Jump to navigation Jump to search
- debtour (obsolete)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈdɛt.ə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈdɛt.ɚ/
- (General Australian) IPA(key): /ˈdet.ə/
- Rhymes: -ɛtə, -ɛtə(ɹ)
- Hyphenation: debt‧or
debtor (plural debtors)
- (economics) A person or firm that owes money; one in debt; one who owes a debt.
- Antonym: creditor
- (law) One who owes another anything, or is under obligation, arising from express agreement, implication of law, or principles of natural justice, to pay money or to fulfill some other obligation; in bankruptcy or similar proceedings, the person who is the subject of the proceeding.
a person or firm that owes money