Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /dɪˈkap.ɪt.eɪt/
- (US) IPA(key): /dɪˈkæp.ə.teɪt/, /dɪˈkæp.ɪ.teit/, /də-/
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive, literally) To remove the head of.
- 2013, “Accident: 202674701 - Worker Paving Airstrip Is Struck By Airplane And Decapitated”, in Occupational Safety and Health Administration, archived from the original on 15 July 2022, retrieved 14 July 2022:
- Employee #1 was in the center of the runway, working alone approximately 300 feet from the end that led to the plane loading area and hangars. A pilot flying an airplane, Schweizer Aircraft Corporation Model G-164 B, approached the airstrip from the opposite end and landed. As the pilot taxied the plane toward the hangar, the plane's propeller struck Employee #1 in the head and decapitated him.
- (transitive, figuratively) To oust or destroy the leadership or ruling body of (a government etc.).
remove the head of — see behead