Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈlidɚʃɪp/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈliːdəʃɪp/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Hyphenation: lead‧er‧ship
leadership (countable and uncountable, plural leaderships)
- The capacity of someone to lead others.
- 2008, BioWare, Mass Effect (Science Fiction), Redwood City: Electronic Arts, →ISBN, →OCLC, PC, scene: Citadel:
- Shepard: You have a plan?
Ambassador Udina: The galaxy needs leadership. Real leadership. When a crisis hits, we can't be paralyzed by debate like the old Council.
Ambassador Udina: The new Council must rule with a single voice. It must be assembled from one species alone -- humanity!
- A group of leaders.
- 2013 April 9, Andrei Lankov, “Stay Cool. Call North Korea’s Bluff.”, in New York Times:
- People who talk about an imminent possibility of war seldom pose this question: What would North Korea’s leadership get from unleashing a war that they are likely to lose in weeks, if not days?
- The office or status of a leader.
capacity to lead
group of leaders
office of leader
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
leadership m (plural leaderships)
- leadership (the characteristics of leading by the leader)
- Synonym: chefferie
- “leadership”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
leadership f (invariable)
- English terms suffixed with -ship
- English 3-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- English terms with quotations
- French terms borrowed from English
- French terms derived from English
- French 3-syllable words
- French terms with IPA pronunciation
- French terms with audio links
- French lemmas
- French nouns
- French countable nouns
- French masculine nouns
- Italian terms borrowed from English
- Italian terms derived from English
- Italian 3-syllable words
- Italian terms with IPA pronunciation
- Rhymes:Italian/iderʃip/3 syllables
- Italian lemmas
- Italian nouns
- Italian indeclinable nouns
- Italian countable nouns
- Italian feminine nouns