Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive, often metaphorical) To break something down into its component parts.
- (transitive) To analyse in terms of deconstruction (a philosophical theory of textual criticism).
- (transitive) To analyse (generally).
- (transitive) To critique (generally).
- (transitive, especially US sports) To destroy.
- 2014, Ian Levy, 2014 Jun 16, The Spurs’ Deconstruction of the Heat Is Now Complete
Narrowly used as a specific kind of literary analysis and criticism; broadly used as a fancy term to mean analysis, criticism, destruction, etc.