Jump to navigation Jump to search
denominal (not comparable)
- (grammar, linguistics) Denominative (deriving from a noun).
- Synonyms: denominative, desubstantival
- Coordinate terms: deverbal, deadjectival, denumeral, depronominal, deinterjectional
deriving from a noun — See also translations at denominative
denominal (plural denominals)
- (grammar, linguistics) A denominative: a word, often a verb, that is derived from a noun or adjective.
- Coordinate term: deverbal
word that is derived from a noun or adjective
- denominal at OneLook Dictionary Search
- denominal, denominative at Google Ngram Viewer