Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
density (plural densities)
- (physics) A measure of the mass of matter contained by a unit volume.
2013 May-June, Kevin Heng, “Why Does Nature Form Exoplanets Easily?”, in American Scientist, volume 101, number 3, page 184:
- In the past two years, NASA’s Kepler Space Telescope has located nearly 3,000 exoplanet candidates ranging from sub-Earth-sized minions to gas giants that dwarf our own Jupiter. Their densities range from that of styrofoam to iron.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) The ratio of one quantity to another quantity.
2007, Lisa Akbari, Every Woman's Guide to Beautiful Hair at Any Age, page 37:
- Density, which is genetically linked, deals with the number of strands per square inch on your scalp. Normal density can range from slight to substantial, varying from person to person.
2010, Alyssa Ast, The Fundamentals of SEO for the Average Joe, page 23:
- It is vital to use proper keyword density because if your density is too low, your SERP's ranking decreases.
2010, Neil Gillespie, Discover Your Core, Then Go for More, page 42:
- Let's say you get a new customer across town and you don't have any other customers over there. You still need to be competitive with price, but it costs too much money to send crews or a serviceman to one account across town. You need to get more customers over there for margins to exceed the costs of going over there. Once you hit a certain density, you're in the black.
The number of particles per unit volume of a specified volume can be considered to be the particle density for the specified volume.
- The probability that an event will occur, as a function of some observed variable.
physics: amount of matter contained by a given volume
number of particles or other quantity contained by a given volume
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked