Borrowed from Japanese です (desu, “be”), a term found most often at the end of a sentence.
- (slang, humorous, affectionate) Used at the end of a sentence to imitate Japanese sentence structure.
2002 March 20, Mahoronyan [username], “Re: I was wrong about Kokoro Library...”, in rec.arts.anime.misc, Usenet:
- My contribution desu.
2003 January 30, Ethan Hammond, “Re: Nuku Nuku DVD Impressions”, in rec.arts.anime.misc, Usenet:
- Freaky desu.
2006 February 22, sanjian [username], “Re: FMA 47 - Sealing the Homunculus”, in rec.arts.anime.misc, Usenet:
- Awww, but it was just getting fun, desu.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:desu.
- Rōmaji transcription of です
- accusative singular form of desa
- instrumental singular form of desa
- genitive plural form of desa