Jump to navigation Jump to search
devoid (not comparable)
- Completely without; having none of.
- Synonyms: empty, vacant
- I went searching for a knife, but the kitchen was devoid of anything sharper than a spoon.
- 1960 July, “New Eastern Region diesel depot at Finsbury Park”, in Trains Illustrated, pages 422-423:
- The shed, a steel-framed structure with a single-span roof devoid of intermediate support, is exceptionally well-lit by continuous glazing on the roof and along much of the sides, while there is fluorescent roof lighting for night work.
empty, completely without
- (obsolete) To empty out; to remove.
- The child will devoid the garbage after he devours his sandwich.