Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of dispensing or dealing out; distribution; often used of the distribution of good and evil by God to man, or more generically, of the acts and modes of his administration.
- That which is dispensed, dealt out, or appointed; that which is enjoined or bestowed
- A system of principles, promises, and rules ordained and administered; scheme; economy; as, the Patriarchal, Mosaic, and Christian dispensations.
- The relaxation of a law in a particular case; permission to do something forbidden, or to omit doing something enjoined.
- (Catholicism) Specifically, in the Roman Catholic Church, exemption from some ecclesiastical law or obligation to God which a man has incurred of his own free will (oaths, vows, etc.).
act of dispensing
that which is dispensed
system of principles, promises, and rules ordained and administered
relaxation of a law in a particular case