Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enPR: drôn, IPA(key): /dɹɔːn/
- Rhymes: -ɔːn
- past participle of
- 2013 September-October, Henry Petroski, “The Evolution of Eyeglasses”, in American Scientist:
- The ability of a segment of a glass sphere to magnify whatever is placed before it was known around the year 1000, when the spherical segment was called a reading stone, […] . Scribes, illuminators, and scholars held such stones directly over manuscript pages as an aid in seeing what was being written, drawn, or read.
- Appearing tired and unwell, as from stress; haggard.
- Of a game: undecided; having no definite winner and loser.
appearing tired and unwell, haggard
- Soft mutation of .
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.