Jump to navigation Jump to search
- As in a dream; resembling a dream.
- 1973, Richard O'Brien (lyrics and music), “Time Warp”, in The Rocky Horror Picture Show:
- It's so dreamy / Oh, fantasy free me / So you can't see me
- (colloquial) Sexy; handsome; attractive.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:sexy, Thesaurus:attractive
- I love the doctor in that American TV show: he is so dreamy!
- 1999, Shana Larsen, 200 Cigarettes (motion picture), spoken by Lucy (Courtney Love):
- He is dreamy, sex-bomb cute.
- Having a pleasant or romantic atmosphere.
- That place was so dreamy!
- Tending to dream or daydream.
- 1988, “Kokomo”, in Still Cruisin', performed by The Beach Boys:
- Cocktails and moonlit nights / That dreamy look in your eye / Give me a tropical contact high
resembling a dream — see dreamlike
sexy or attractive