Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An open horse-drawn carriage, especially in Russia.
- 1829, Augustus Bozzi Granville, St. Petersburgh, a journal of travels to and from that capital:
- Of late years, cabriolets, and English stanhopes, and tilburys, have been introduced into St. Petersburgh; but the real national carriage for the town is the Droshky.
- 1973, Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow:
- Was Tchitcherine there at all? sitting back in the dingy room while the lift cables slapped and creaked through the walls, and down in the street, rarely enough to matter, a droshky rattled whip-snapping over these black old cobbles?