Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- In a due, fit, or becoming manner; as it ought to be; properly.
- The citizen's concern was duly noted in the meeting minutes.
2011 October 29, Phil McNulty, “Chelsea 3 - 5 Arsenal”, in BBC Sport:
- Walcott's display deserved a goal and it duly arrived after 55 minutes. As he had done throughout, the forward ran straight at Chelsea's defence, riding two challenges and even falling before firing an emphatic shot past Cech.
- Regularly; at the proper time.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.