Jump to navigation Jump to search
earplug (plural earplugs)
- A piece of protective gear meant to be inserted in the ear canal to protect the wearer's hearing from loud noises or the intrusion of water.
protective clothing for the ear canal
- (transitive) To fit with earplugs.
- 1975, International Society for Developmental Psychobiology, Developmental Psychobiology, Volume 8:
- In this same strain of mouse, earplugging from 17-22 days postpartum is effective in inducing susceptibility to audiogenic seizures...
- 1992, Robin Cody, Ricochet river:
- There wasn't much I could tell him, earplugged, but I crawled into turbine number 3 and waved him on in.