Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
emigre (plural emigres)
- One who has departed their native land, often as a refugee.
- Between the wars, Paris was the center for all the world's emigres.
- An emigrant, one who departs their native land to become an immigrant in another.
- first-person singular (eu) present subjunctive of emigrar
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) present subjunctive of emigrar
- third-person singular (você) affirmative imperative of emigrar
- third-person singular (você) negative imperative of emigrar