Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɛndəʊmɔːf/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈɛndoʊmɔːrf/, /ˈɛndəmɔːrf/
Audio (US) (file)
endomorph (plural endomorphs)
- A mineral, especially a crystal, enclosed within another
- A person of the endomorphic physical type characterised by big bones, round face, large trunk and thighs and a naturally high degree of body fat, especially around the midsection. Endomorphs usually struggle to control their weight although it may simply mean more determination is needed for an endomorph to lose as much weight as a mesomorph.
- (bodybuilding): Theoretical body type with slow metabolism in which weight is gained easily, but fat levels are hard to reduce. Endomorphic bodybuilders tend to be the most massive.