Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌiːvəˈl(j)uːʃənri/, /ˌevəˈl(j)uːʃənri/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌiːvəˈluːʃəneri/, /ˌevəˈluːʃəneri/
- Of or relating to the biological theory of evolution.
2013 March 1, Harold J. Morowitz, “The Smallest Cell”, American Scientist, volume 101, number 2, page 83:
- It is likely that the long evolutionary trajectory of Mycoplasma went from a reductive autotroph to oxidative heterotroph to a cell-wall–defective degenerate parasite. This evolutionary trajectory assumes the simplicity to complexity route of biogenesis, a point of view that is not universally accepted.
- The evolutionary history of marine mammals includes land-dwelling ancestors.
- Having formal similarities to the biological theory of evolution.
1974 Dec., “Neoclassical vs. Evolutionary Theories of Economic Growth: Critique and Prospectus”, volume 84, number 336, DOI:10.2307/2230572, JSTOR 2230572, pages 886–905:
- The basic elements of an evolutionary growth theory are discussed in Section II.
Terms derived from evolutionary
of or relating to evolution