Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Marked by expectation.
- the expectant hush before the performance
- an expectant mother
- 1842, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Lady Anne Granard, volume 2, page 18:
- After seeing all the beautiful little wardrobe of the mother expectant, praising her delicate needlework, and inwardly regretting their own inability to add to it, they got a hearty lunch, intended for a dinner, and returned homewards,...
- (medicine, dated) Awaiting the effects of nature, with little active treatment.
marked by expectation
expectant (plural expectants)
- A person who expects or awaits something.