- present participle of .
- fading light; fading memory; fading reputation
- 2013 October 19, Banyan, “The meaning of Sachin”, in The Economist, volume 409, number 8858:
- With fading eyesight and reactions, the runs have dried up. That Mr Tendulkar has nonetheless kept his place in the national [cricket] side is a more dismal exemplum: of the impunity enjoyed by all India’s rich and powerful.
fading (plural fadings)
- The process by which something fades; gradual diminishment.
- (obsolete) An Irish dance.
- (obsolete) The burden of a song.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for fading in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)