Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
falconet (plural falconets)
- A small or young falcon
- Any of various small, tropical Asian falcons of the genus Microhierax found in Southeast Asia.
- (military, historical) A light cannon developed in the late 15th century and decorated with an image of a falcon.
- collared falconet, Microhierax caerulescens
- black-thighed falconet, Microhierax fringillarius
- white-fronted falconet, Microhierax latifrons
- Philippine falconet, Microhierax erythrogenys
- pied falconet, Microhierax melanoleucos
any of various small, tropical Asian falcons of the genus Microhierax found in Southeast Asia