Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfæt.ju.əs/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfæt͡ʃ.u.əs/
- Obnoxiously stupid; vacantly silly; content in one's foolishness.
- 2004, Frank Tallis, Love Sick: Love as a Mental Illness, page 46:
- A fatuous love affair can easily result in a fatuous marriage. A couple who hardly know each other and, indeed, may not even really like each other, make a commitment that has little chance of being honoured.
- 2020 December 2, Christian Wolmar, “Wales offers us glimpse of an integrated transport policy”, in Rail, page 56:
- While much publicity is given to fatuous 'reversing Beeching' ideas, the reality is that the real investment is focused on expanding the road network - [...].
obnoxiously stupid, vacantly silly, content in one's foolishness