Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: field work
- (uncountable) work done out in the real world rather than in controlled conditions
- That well Bob set up last weekend was some good fieldwork.
- (in scientific research) The collection of raw data in the field.
- I thought the fieldwork in the course I was taking was going to be hard, but it was just interviewing people.
- (countable) A temporary fortification built by troops in the field.
- Billy's out building some fieldwork so that our enemies don't walk right over us.
collection of raw data