Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: field work
- (uncountable, agriculture) Work done out in the fields as opposed to that done elsewhere on the farm (e.g., barn, house, outbuildings, office).
- (uncountable) Work done out in the real world rather than in controlled conditions
- That well Bob set up last weekend was some good fieldwork.
- (in scientific research) The collection of raw data in the field, field research, field study, field studies.
- I thought the fieldwork in the course I was taking was going to be hard, but it was just interviewing people.
- (countable, rare) A temporary fortification built by troops in the field; a defensive earthwork in the field.
- Billy's out building some fieldwork so that our enemies don't walk right over us.
(agriculture) work done out in the fields
collection of raw data