Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Firangi
firangi (plural firangis or firangi)
- (India, Britain, Pakistan) A foreigner, especially a British or a white person.
1995, Peter Ward Fay, The Forgotten Army: India's Armed Struggle for Independence 1942-1945, page 109:
- Prem, who knew him slightly from Dehra Dun (where Dhillon had been his junior), remembers Dhillon cheerfully telling everyone that the firangi were glad to have Indians patrolling their wire. This Prem doubted.
2001, Basavaraj Naikar, The Sun Behind the Cloud, page 239:
- Then Kashibayi cleared her throat and told him, "Maharaj, our Babasaheb Sarkar was a very patriotic king who fought against the firangi fellows. He was betrayed by his own people who were shamelessly treacherous."
2004, Christina Lamb, The Sewing Circles of Herat: A Personal Voyage Through Afghanistan, page 252:
- The neighbouring men had all come to see the firangi, the foreign woman, [...]
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:firangi.