Jump to navigation Jump to search
fizzing (plural fizzings)
- The action of the verb to fizz.
- The sound made by something that fizzes.
- The fizzings of the radiators kept him awake.
fizzing (not comparable)
- That fizzes or fizz.
- a fizzing mass of froth
- (slang) Very fast or active.
- 2011 September 24, Ben Dirs, “Rugby World Cup 2011: England 67-3 Romania”, in BBC Sport:
- When Wilkinson found Ashton with another fizzing flat pass after 16 minutes, the Northampton man went flying through a hole in the Romanian defence and set up Cueto for a try in the corner.