Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Consisting of flakes or of small, loose masses; lying, or cleaving off, in flakes or layers; flakelike.
- (informal, of a person) Unreliable; prone to make plans with others but then abandon those plans.
- (informal, of a thing) Unreliable; working only on an intermittent basis; prone to cease functioning properly.
- 2011 September 16, Ben Dirs, “Rugby World Cup 2011: New Zealand 83-7 Japan”, in BBC Sport:
- Toeava went over unopposed to stretch his side's lead but Japan got on the scoreboard on 56 minutes, wing Hirotoki Onozawa intercepting an attempted offload from Slade, who had a rather flaky game, and running in from the All Blacks' 10m line.
- I cannot enjoy the online game because of my flaky Internet connection.
Consisting of flakes; lying, or cleaving off, in flakes; flakelike