Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Given to unplanned and silly ideas or actions.
- (of a bird) That flies easily or often.
- 2013, Diego Gil, Henrik Brumm, Avian Urban Ecology:
- "We know that flighty birds suffer from greater risk of raptor predation, and I assume that it is useful to understand the effects of urbanization because flighty species may be more vulnerable to anthropogenic disturbance."
- (obsolete) Swift.
- 1962 July, Cecil J. Allen, “Locomotive Running Past and Present”, in Modern Railways, page 44:
- Permanent way and other checks then somewhat slowed down this flighty progress.
given to silly ideas
(of a bird) that flies easily or often