Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A subsidiary action taken as the result of an event.
- (Internet) A posted message on a newsgroup, etc. in reply to a previous one.
- (sports) A shot on goal directly following another that has been saved.
2011 November 5, Phil Dawkes, “QPR 2 - 3 Man City”, BBC Sport:
- It could have been much worse for City before the break, but goalkeeper Joe Hart saved Jamie Mackie's long-range shot and Helguson's headed follow-up - although the latter was offside - before Bothroyd hit the post with another header.
- (medicine) The revisiting of a patient in ambulatory care.
sports: shot on goal directly following another