Jump to navigation Jump to search
footloose (comparative more footloose, superlative most footloose)
- Tending to travel or do as one pleases; readily without many commitments or responsibility.
- He was footloose in his youth.
- 2000, Zadie Smith, White Teeth, Penguin Books, published 2001, page 465:
- Because we often imagine that immigrants are constantly on the move, footloose, able to change course at any moment.
- (nautical) Of a sail: not properly secured at the bottom.
tending to travel
(nautical) not properly secured at the bottom